What we do
We provide a variety of training services, including individual training and behavior consulting, group classes, day training, and board-and-train. See our training page for details.Training services provided in Portland, Oregon and surrounding suburbs.
Dog walking (currently not accepting new clients)
Dog walks (and runs!) are available on a regular schedule or as needed, on leash in your neighborhood or off leash at the park. We even take dogs hiking and swimming.
Pet sitting - (currently not accepting new clients)
We offer drop-in visits and overnight pet sitting in your home for all types of pets, and home-style boarding (no kennels) in our homes.
Why choose us?
We are a small, local, owner-operated business; we are licensed, bonded, and insured; and we come highly recommended. Furthermore...
- Katrin is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Knowledge Assessed (CPDT-KA)
- Katrin holds a Certificate in Training and Counseling with Honors (CTC) from the San Francisco SPCA's internationally acclaimed Academy for Dog Trainers
- Katrin completed the Canine Behavior Academy at the Marin Humane Society
- Katrin teaches future dog trainers at the Whole Dog Academy
- Katrin attends continuing education events such as the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (APDT) annual conference and Karen Pryor's ClickerExpo
- Katrin is an AKC certified Canine Good Citizen Evaluator
- Portland clients have voted Katrin among the top three dog trainers in Spot Magazine's Top Dog Contest for four years in a row. Our puppy socials also won in 2013.
- Katrin has been training dogs and teaching people since 2006
- Katrin specializes in puppy training and socialization
- Katrin has successfully helped hundreds of dogs with separation anxiety, fear, and aggression towards dogs and people
- We use only positive methods based on the latest research on animal learning
For pet care
- Our pet care staff include experienced dog trainers, veterinary technicians, pet owners and pet care professionals
- Our staff are certified in Pet First Aid and CPR
- Our staff uses only gentle methods while providing firm leadership to your pets
- The pet sitter that you and your pet meet will be the only person who takes care of your pet
- Your pet sitter will send you updates and pictures via phone, text, or email
- Plucky Puppy has placed in the top 10 for dog walking, pet sitting, and boarding in Spot Magazine's Top Dog Contest in the past two years.
- We establish long-term relationships with our clients (some have been with us since 2006!)